Saturday, July 28, 2012

'My Writing Score' by Caitlin C

The principal said in his big, booming voice, “Caitlin!”. I feel my skin dripping with sweat, my knees wobbling uncontrollably as I slowly stand up. I gulp and lumber towards the stage. The hall is utterly silent, apart from a few whispery murmurs.  My stomach feels as if it will float away in happiness. I force my head to glance back at the school. I can’t help the rush of satisfaction flow through my body as I reach the stage.

“Congratulations!” says the principal, as he shakes my hand warmly. He hands over my certificate. This is it. I’m not going to let the dim light and musty smell of the hall ruin this. I’m about to snatch it but slow my hand down just in time. The blue paper on the front of the certificate feels stiff and textured. I finally have it.

I grin and turn around. Silence. One or two claps. A roar of applause!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I loved this piece of writing Caitlin! You have really captured the moment and included plenty of senses, including the texture of the certificate. Well done! You are a talented writer, for sure. All the best for your writing future. Sharon Holt

    ReplyDelete