Saturday, July 28, 2012

'The Fall' by Ruby

My feet slipped off the pedals. I heard a siren, it just wouldn’t stop. I was trying, trying to reach the brakes but I couldn’t. My stomach felt like it was going to burst with butterflies until those butterflies turned into moths. The sweat dripped off my head to the sizzling hot concrete. Oh my god I can’t stop my bike that was the one thought that kept repeating over and over in my head. Wondering what was going to happen I looked over, my mom was standing in front of me. She stopped the bike. I heard the siren again and then figured it was me. SLAM I hit the ground I was moaning in pain. I watched as my cold tears drip from my face to the boiling ground. I hugged my mom as tight as I could. I went inside limping. At least its over I said.

1 comment:

  1. You have used some really good descriptions here Ruby. Well done! You have also done a great job of stretching out the moment of terror when you lost control of the bike and realised you were going to crash. I especially like your description of your screams sounding like a siren! Excellent. Sharon Holt

    ReplyDelete