Saturday, July 28, 2012

'Triathlon' by Rosa

I was so nervous...
I felt like I was going to throw up.
BANG!
The gun went off.
I was in the pool like a shot... swimming my heart out .
At the last minute I slowed down a bit
but I held strong till the very end
I hopped out of the pool and went running for my bike.


Where is my bike?
I was not going to let this slow me down.
I ran up the aisle thinking where I could have put it.
Then it came to me... it was the last bike in the row.
I went zooming down and I found it.
I took my cap off, dried myself, put the top on
and did my shoes up and I was away.


I was on my bike
I went riding out of the venue and around to do my 3 laps
But halfway through my 2 lap I collided with another bike
I thought this is the end of my race.
but it was not.
Instead I got a HUGE graze on my leg
I got back on and took off like a rocket
I was on my way.

When I got back from doing my 3 laps I still had my running to do
so I had to remember where I had got my bike from
so I put my bike and helmet away and then I went running
with everyone else.
I was running out and then I had this terrible stitch that stung the whole way.
It stung so much I had to stop and breath because it hurt so much.

I came running to the home stretch
I felt amazing just doing it
I came flying past 3 other girls
and I came past the line in 23 place.

I was so pleased with myself
I could not wait to do it next year.
    

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous work Rosa. I love the way this piece of writing flows really quickly from one thing to another, just the way a triathlon does. Reading it makes me breathless, just the way a triathlon would if I had the energy to participate in one! You were a fun person to work with and you worked hard. The result shows me you have writing talent. Sharon Holt.

    ReplyDelete